Benefits to travel advisors
- Less work for you – Our team can book flights, ferry, transfers, accommodation, tours and experiences to effectively and efficiently organise the entire Kangaroo Island itinerary.
- Problem solving – Be confident that we are your eyes and ears on the ground 24/7. Our phone number (8553 9119) diverts to our after-hours mobile, so we are always contactable.
- Fully commissionable – almost every part of our aggregated product is fully commissionable
- Support local – We have been proudly owned and operated by the Wickham family for more than 30 years. We support our local economy by employing locals, utilising local produce and the people that produce it – which means that the money stays right here on Kangaroo Island.
- Conservation actions – We have a strong focus on having a positive impact on the environment. This includes being part of Australian Wildlife Journeys group, contributing to local environmental organisations, limiting food wastage and showcasing wildlife encounters in their natural habitat – which means no captive wildlife, no feeding and no handling. Our tour base (which consists of our office, kitchen and vehicle shed) features a 29 kWh solar system which puts excess energy generation back into the grid.
Benefits to travellers
- Escape the crowds – we avoid the crowds to experience the real, authentic Kangaroo Island. Get off the beaten track and visit locations that self-drive visitors cannot access and do not know about.
- Leave the driving and navigation to a local – with 80% of Kangaroo Island’s roads unsealed, it is safest to leave the driving and navigation to those who know the roads best.
- Immersive wildlife encounters – our team know where to find the best immersive wildlife encounters. Through knowledge of animal behaviour, habitats and time of day, our guides will give you the best wildlife experiences.
- Learn the stories – one of the major advantages of being shown around by one of our local guides is their personal connections and stories. Our interpretations of wildlife, plants, people and locations are what add meaning to the guest experiences.
- Tailor-made experiences – our private tailor-made experiences allow you to create the perfect, personalised Kangaroo Island holiday. Whether you want to combine a dolphin tour, quad-biking or a behind-the-scenes winery tour, our team can make it happen.
- Behind-the-scenes access – with so many local connections, we are able to take your clients behind-the-scenes to meet local artists, winemakers, wildlife researchers and more, giving meaning and insight into life on Kangaroo Island.
- Private dining in the bush – dine at beautiful, secluded locations across Kangaroo Island. We have access to a number of private properties where we cook up elegant meals served with local wine and beer, which only our guests get to experience.
- The best way to support locals – make more of an economic impact with us. We are locally owned & operated, we support local producers and employ local people which means your money remains within the Kangaroo Island community.