On a self drive visit, the quality of the experience depends on the traveller’s navigation skills, the amount of research they’ve done, observation skills and their understanding of the Australian environment and wildlife behaviour.
Self-drive travellers are likely to:
- See the same self-drive visitors at each location who follow the same map and the exact advice written in the visitor guide
- Traverse the island inefficiently as they don’t know the roads
- Drive straight past an abundance of wildlife as they follow the signs
- Eat and drink where everyone other tourist eats and drinks
- Depending on their rental car, may be restricted to only the 20% of Kangaroo Island roads which are sealed
In contrast, our guides provide context, history, personalisation, storytelling, dynamic management of the experience, and access to knowledge and wildlife encounters guests are completely unaware of.
With Exceptional Kangaroo Island, travellers will:
- Avoid the crowds and visit secluded locations via quiet bush tracks
- Explore Kangaroo Island efficiently by making the most of valuable time.
- Go for bush walks looking for wildlife where the only people you’ll come across are locals who live nearby – and chances are, your guide will know them!
- Enjoy our signature hospitality, including morning tea and an elegant lunch at various secret or secluded bush/coastal settings.
- See much more of Kangaroo Island, sometimes via backroads that only locals know about.